10 Edge Hacks To Fix It Now (Shortcuts Included)
Tired of all that scrolling? Hate not finding the websites you need? Chances are if you're using the Microsoft
Edge browser, then you can definitely benefit from a few tips and tricks to help you streamline your searches and
optimize your settings. You can increase your speed, change the colors, and other cool features to help you
personalize the settings the way you want. Edge has fabulous tools to help you create folders and it has easy
integration with your old browser favorites, so let's take a look at some of the tools that can help you max out
your Edge experience every time you get online.
Hacks. Tips. Tricks. Let's do this...
1. To save new favorites
- In Edge, click the Edge icon/star on the top corner.
- Open your "favorites" and then click on "add".
- Go to a new site and you can save it right to favorites.
2. To import saved HTML files
- In Edge, click on the icon, then "more" and "settings".
- Select "view favorites settings" and "import from file".
- Then pick what you want to import or select everything.
- Lastly, hit "open" and you can import your files.
3. To import saved sites and URLs
- In Edge, click the icon, then select "more" and "settings".
- Next, click "import favorites".
- Then pick your old browser and what you want to import.
- Press "import" and your favorites will save to Edge.
4. To edit your saved favorites
- Open EdgeManage and right-click on any site, link or file to edit it.
- Click on what you want, i.e., rename, delete, move, etc.
- Then save your changes.
5. To Retrieve a deleted favorite
- Click "start" from your computer and go to your C-drive.
- Select "user" and then "user account".
- Next, right-click on "favorites" and press "restore your previous version".
6. To edit saved folders
- In Edge, click on the icon to open the favorites menu.
- Then right-click on any folder.
- You can now rename it, delete it, move it, etc.
7. To use the advanced settings feature
- In Edge, open your menu and press "advanced settings".
- Select the item you would like to use.
- You can change passwords, view Adobe settings, view the tracking cookies feature, etc.
8. To use shortcuts
- Control + D: Open a reading list or favorites
- Control + Enter: Add .com in the address bar
- Control + I: Open favorites
- Control + T: Open a new tab/blank web page
- Control + +: Increase the text size
- Control + -: Decrease the text size
9. To restore favorites
- In Edge, copy your favorites folder.
- Save it to a DVD, cloud storage, or flash drive.
- After your upgrade or restore, open favorites and paste your folder back in.
10. To change your background color
- In Edge, select the icon, and then "more"
- Click "settings" and then "open".
- Pick the theme you want and save your changes.
For more tips and ways to navigate your browser settings or work with your favorites
toolbar, please check out our other articles. Bye for now!